BEVERLY HILLS, Calif., June 7, 2018 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- In the face of increasingly outlandish and dangerous antics
Stong and Talei believe it's important for consumers to educate themselves before going "under the knife". Although Dr. Boutte had no surgical credentials, it was reported that she was operating on patients in an unaccredited surgery center and being assisted by an office worker who claimed to be a nurse but was not. Her practice gained attention when people became aware of music videos she had made while operating. Boutte has settled five malpractice settlements and four other lawsuits are pending.
"Patients can easily avoid a lot of pitfalls by doing their research ahead of time. These six easy steps are really crucial, and I recommend them to everyone searching for a surgeon," state Dr. Stong. "Patients need to realize they can seriously reduce the chances of surgical complications by doing some homework up front," added Dr. Talei. Their tips include:
1. Is the doctor certified? Determine if your doctor is certified as a surgeon by visiting the American Board of Medical Specialties website.
2. Is the doctor licensed in the appropriate specialty and, if so, is their license active? They can find out by visiting the relevant state Medical Board website.
3. Are there any public board orders against the doctor on record? This could mean there is a problem with the doctor's license.
4. Does the doctor have hospital privileges? If you're having the procedure done at a surgery center that isn't attached to a hospital, patients should make sure the doctor has hospital privileges on the off-chance that something goes wrong during or after the surgery.
5. Who is your anesthesiologist going to be? Identify and research the anesthesiologist assigned to your case. Do the same research on the anesthesiologist as you do on your surgeon.
About Dr. Ben Stong: Owner and facial plastic surgeon, Dr. Benjamin Stong is dual board certified in Head and Neck Surgery and Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. For the fourth year in a row, Dr. Benjamin Stong of Kalos Facial Plastic Surgery, LLC in Atlanta, Georgia was named a 2018 "Top Doctor" by Castle Connolly. He completed his fellowship under one of the most nationally renowned plastic surgeons, Dr. Andrew Jacono in New York. Call Kalos at (404) 963-6665 or visit kalos-plasticsurgery.com.
About Dr. Ben Talei: Medical Director and owner of Beverly Hills Center, Dr. Ben Talei received his medical degree at the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine. Dr. Talei then went on to complete his residency training in Head and Neck Surgery at Columbia University and Cornell University Medical Centers, New York Presbyterian Hospital. Following his residency program, Dr. Talei became one of the only surgeons in the country to complete two separate fellowships in Facial & Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. In addition, Dr. Talei is a respected author, speaker and humanitarian. You can learn more about Dr. Talei by visiting beverlyhillscenter.com or calling (310) 288-0641.
SOURCE Kalos Plastic Surgery, LLC
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Menstruation or period is the discharge of blood and mucus called menses from the uterus via the ...
Chronic dieting is associated with eating disorders that mainly include unhealthy eating practices ...
Some medications affect the normal function of thyroid gland leading to thyroid function disorders ...View All