Edelweiss General Insurance Company Limited, the general insurance arm of Edelweiss Financial Services Limited (one of India’s leading diversified financial service firm), has launched “Edelweiss Health Insurance”, a comprehensive health insurance policy, loaded with customer friendly features and services. Edelweiss General Insurance was launched earlier this year and caters to India’s exponentially growing market for non-life insurance.
The company has tied up with PolicyBazaar, one of India’s biggest insurance web aggregator, to market the product across India. PolicyBazaar will help potential customers across India to know more and buy this health policy online.
Main features and highlights of Edelweiss Health Insurance:
Commenting on the launch, Anup Rau, CEO, Edelweiss General Insurance
- A choice of 3 plans – Silver, Gold and Platinum – with cover up to Rs. 1 Crore
- Upto 8 members (including parents, parents-in-law, grandparents and siblings) covered under the individual variant and upto 5 members under the family floater variant (including the policyholder, spouse and three kids)
- Covers AYUSH treatment upto 100% of the sum insured, recognising the emerging trend of alternative therapies like Ayurveda, Homeopathy and Unani
- Day care surgeries, which form a huge portion of all hospital treatment, are covered for over 388 ailments, upto the full sum insured
- Covers bariatric surgery for weight reduction. One of the few in the market to offer this feature
- This policy also rewards the noble act of organ donation, by covering the donor’s hospitalisation cost up to Rs. 2 Lakh
Covers maternity expenses for any two deliveries
- No Claim Bonus increases the sum insured after every claim-free year upto a maximum of 100%
- Restoration and Recharge benefits available, in case the sum insured is exhausted
said, “The customer will always be at the core of our offerings. Our product is very comprehensive and feature rich, designed keeping in mind the evolving needs of customers The product features have been explained in very simple language to enable customers make an informed choice. Through Policybazaar, we aim to reach out to large number of customers with our innovative product.”
Yashish Dahiya, Co-Founder and CEO, PolicyBazaar Group of Companies
says; “We are delighted to have Edelweiss General Insurance join as a partner. Edelweiss Group has always been a valued partner since our inception. With Edelweiss General Insurance coming on board, we hope to further strengthen our product offerings in health and motor insurance space. The new health insurance product comes with a unique feature which allows the consumer to opt for a total sum insured restoration and recharge rider among other features introduced making it a wholesome and cost-effective proposition.”
This product reflects Edelweiss General Insurance’s mission to give its customers what they really need, in a manner that they can understand. The company believes that insurance needs to be simple and customer friendly, right from the moment a potential customer inquires about a policy, till the time he needs to make a claim.