HUNTINGTON, N.Y., May 19, 2016 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Alternative EarthCare has been providing quality residential and commercialservices across Long Island, New York since 1996. Specializing in mosquito, flea, and east end tick control, traditional lawn services (including aeration and seeding), irrigation
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160519/369849LOGO
Although ticks are everywhere and their bites are fairly common without proper preventative measures, what many people do not realize is the wide variety of health problems that can occur as a result. To avoid any potential reactions, it's important to be aware of the health threats you may encounter after a tick bite. Alternative EarthCare lists five main health issues resulting from tick bites:
1. Allergic reaction. An allergic reaction is a frequent occurrence resulting from a tick bite. The most common symptoms can range from mildly irritating itchy eyes to severe throat swelling and anaphylaxis.
2. Lyme disease. If not treated right away, Lyme disease can cause serious issues among the nervous system, heart, and joints. The preliminary symptoms tend to be flu-like in nature, so be wary of headache, sore muscles, bulls-eye rash, or fever.
3. Rocky Mountain spotted fever. Typically passed on through wood and dog ticks, this disease can be life-threatening. Septic shock and kidney failure may occur without initial treatment, so watch out for sudden fever, joint pain, and nausea in the two weeks after a bite.
4. Babesiosis. This rare disease doesn't always present with symptoms, which makes it difficult to diagnose. However, if you do feel any fatigue, fever or chills, muscle pain, or a diminished appetite upon bite, seek medical help immediately.
5. Tularemia. Tularemia can be passed along in a variety of ways, but most commonly through a tick bite. Open sores near the bite site, swollen glands, and nausea are all symptoms of Tularemia to look out for.
The most effective way to avoid this diseases is through tick bite prevention. Schedule a lawn spraying today to keep the ticks and their diseases at bay and out of reach of your family.
Serving both Suffolk and Nassau County, including the East End and the Hamptons, Alternative EarthCare offers a variety of organic, non-toxic lawn care services for your home or business. In addition to beautifying and maintaining properties, the award-winning staff is also dedicated to the safety and health of their customers.
Media Contact: Morgan Mandriota, fishbat Media, 855-347-4228, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Alternative EarthCare
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Sleep disorders are collectively known as ''Somnipathy.'' There are over 70 different medically ...
Unintended pregnancies are very common these days, and so one in about four pregnant women go for ...
Dizziness is a feeling of being faint or unsteady whereas Vertigo is a feeling that you or your ...View All