LOS ANGELES, Aug. 29, 2018 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- BigMike Straumietis, founder and CEO of Advanced Nutrients— the
"Unfortunately, the stigma attached to cannabis and cannabis consumers still lingers today, even with the overwhelming scientific evidence in support of its medicinal properties," BigMike contends. "This is the reason why we must continue to advocate for cannabis and educate those who still hold tight to outdated, debunked, downright wrong notions about this plant."
Although the use of cannabis as a medicine can be traced back millennia — with evidence of usage in many cultures, including ancient China, Egypt and India — our modern cultural relationship with cannabis has been clouded by misinformation, defamation and propaganda.
"In fact, there is a whole spectrum of active compounds contained in marijuana that researchers have shown to have medical applications. Two of the most well-known are cannabidiol (CBD), which has shown promising therapeutic effects on brain conditions without the patient experiencing an inebriating high, and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which has pain-relieving properties and is largely responsible for the high," BigMike explains.
Changing the stigma associated with consuming medical cannabis is important, because clinical studies indicate that for certain conditions, cannabis offers a fast and effective relief. Here are the to 10 medical uses for cannabis.
1. Cannabis For Pain Relief THC activates pathways in the body's central nervous system that work to block pain signals being sent to the brain. Cannabis has also been shown to be especially effective against neuropathic pain, otherwise known as nerve-related pain.
2. Cannabis For Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder The active psychoactive compound THC can also temporarily relieve the anxiety and persistent traumatic memories that are often associated with PTSD.
3. Cannabis For Nausea And Vomiting Currently, there are Food and Drug Administration-approved pharmaceuticals on the market that contain THC to treat nausea and vomiting, including Marinol, a pill containing synthetic THC, the first of its kind approved by the FDA. These medications have proven very helpful for cancer patients.
4. Cannabis Helps With Appetite Stimulation Medical marijuana helps patients undergoing radiation and chemotherapy by boosting their appetites. Cannabis also helps others at risk of significant weight loss or malnutrition by encouraging them to eat.
5. Medical Cannabis For Asthma THC has the ability to improve breathing in people living with asthma.
6. Cannabis For Glaucoma THC helps relieve eye pressure in patients living with the debilitating group of eye conditions known as glaucoma, which can often result in vision impairment or blindness.
7. Cannabis As A Sleep Aid THC and CBD oil, both properties of the cannabis plant, help induce sleep and reduce sleep interruptions.
8. Cannabis For Cancer Over the past several years, dozens of studies point to the effectiveness of cannabis in managing the unpleasant side effects of different types of cancer, including brain, breast, prostate, lung, thyroid, colon, pituitary, melanoma and leukemia.
9. Cannabis To Manage Epilepsy Charlotte's Web is a strain of cannabis that helps reduce seizures in children living with severe forms of epilepsy.
10. Cannabis For Concussion Israeli researchers are exploring cannabis as a potential treatment for traumatic brain injury.
"In addition to CBD and THC, there are another 400 or so chemical compounds, more than 60 of which are cannabinoids. Many of these could have amazing medical uses," BigMike concludes.
In light of a mounting scientific evidence, the World Health Organization has called for an inquiry that examines the legality of cannabis worldwide. One can only hope patients will soon have unfettered access to medically effective, clean cannabis to alleviate their symptoms.
SOURCE “BigMike” Straumietis
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Polyarthritis refers to pain in four or more joints simultaneously due to various causes ranging ...
Gardner or Gardner''s syndrome, also known as familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP), is an autosomal ...
Beetroot tea is a healthy beverage, which is extremely beneficial for high blood pressure, ...View All