(7) Inventory related charges primarily represents the amortization of the Impax inventory step-up to fair value in purchase accounting and write-offs of pre-launch inventory quantities.
(8) Acquisition and site closure expenses includes costs related to (i) accelerated vesting of Amneal profit participation units, (ii) special bonuses associated with the combination and integration of Impax, (iii) plant closure and redundant employee costs and (iv) third party costs associated with the combination of Impax and related integration including legal, investment banking, accounting and information technology.
(9) Asset impairment charges for the year ended December 31, 2018 are primarily associated with the write-off of leasehold improvements in connection with the closing of our Hayward, CA facility. Asset impairment charges for the year ended December 31, 2017 are primarily associated with a write-off of in process research and development product rights and impairment charges primarily related to two products acquired in the Teva Transaction as well as fixed asset impairment charges primarily related to the Taiwan and Middlesex, New Jersey facilities.
(10) Restructuring and asset related charges includes employee separation costs associated with the consolidation of sites as well as the write-off of property, plant and equipment at those sites.
(11) Amortization of upfront payment represents the amortization of the upfront payment made to Lannett in connection with our Transition Agreement with Levothyroxine.
(12) Change in fair value of contingent consideration represents the reduction in contingent consideration liability related to a product acquired in the Teva Transaction. Based on timing and probability of product launch, and number of competitors expected in the market, the Company concluded that fair value of the contingent consideration was zero at December 31, 2017.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!