, March 24, 2020
/PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- American Refrigeration Company (ARC), the largest independent industrial refrigeration service company in New England, is providing mission-critical "essential products, services and personnel" during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic crisis as part of the Food and Agriculture industry that has been designated a "Critical Infrastructure Segment" under Presidential Policy Directive 21 and Department of Homeland Security emergency readiness programs implementing the USA
PATRIOT Act of 2001. 42 U.S.C. § 5195c(e).
Today, ARC serves more than 500 companies across the northeast region of the United States
in the food and beverage, cold storage arena, pharmaceutical, and process industries. The company's professional service team is providing life-safety services and maintenance that are vital to the uninterrupted operations of supermarkets, food processors, cold storage facilities, and other critical industrial refrigeration infrastructure and supply chain links that businesses and citizens are depending on during the COVID-19 pandemic.
"We are relying on American Refrigeration Company and their support to ensure that the vital services and products they supply to Americold are maintained and the integrity of the supply chain is upheld," said Brian Dunn
, Vice President, Facilities and Maintenance, Americold, a long-time ARC customer.
As the concerns surrounding the COVID-19 virus continue to elevate, ARC remains open and available to support its customers' operations 24/7/365 as per the March 16, 2020
guidance from the President of the United States
instructing employees of Critical Infrastructure Industries, including the Food and Agriculture sector, to continue to perform their normal job functions during the coronavirus pandemic. The President's Coronavirus Guidelines for America (Mar. 16, 2020
) are available here.
With the current Coronavirus outbreak presenting real concerns for everyone, the company has taken the necessary actions to manage the situation to the best of its ability. ARC has already implemented stringent measures to ensure complete adherence to all Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines and recommendations. For now, and in accordance with those CDC guidelines, ARC has made the following necessary adjustments to its business:
- Employees have been reminded of the criticality of proper hygiene, including regularly washing their hands, tools, and work surfaces
- All staff have been briefed on the opportunities to reduce the spread of the virus through personal interaction
- Where possible, video and teleconference events have replaced the company's face-to-face gatherings
- All non-urgent business meetings have been postponed or rescheduled accordingly
"We will continue to closely monitor the ongoing developments and safety information related to the COVID-19 virus and act on the latest recommended guidance provided by the CDC and our federal, state and local public health authorities," said Mike Sirois
, CEO, ARC. "We want to assure our customers and service partners that in times of uncertainty, the safety of their employees - and ours - remains our highest priority."
Among the critical industrial refrigeration service and maintenance ARC provides are:
- Industrial Refrigeration the company's service and maintenance of ammonia, CO2, and halocarbon refrigeration systems is essential in many industries, from food and beverage to the pharmaceutical industries, both recognized as Critical Infrastructure Sectors.
- HVAC ARC's services are essential to many of the Critical Infrastructure Sectors recognized by the Department of Homeland Security. Properly ventilated facilities are critical to improve air quality and prevent the spread of disease and secondary infection. World Health Organization (WHO) guidance available here underscores this point: It is essential to maintain these systems and keep them in service where people continue to live and work.
"We hereby confirm our desire and commitment to serve our customers, and while many are limiting access to their respective facilities, we are prepared to creatively address their needs in order to increase/maintain any social distancing policies that are enacted," said Rob Morgo
, COO, ARC. "We thank all of our customers in advance for keeping the lines of communication open with us during these trying times. Please know we are here to help."
About American Refrigeration Company American Refrigeration Company was founded in 1996 and is the largest independent industrial refrigeration service company in New England. ARC provides services for refrigeration and air conditioning system design, alternative refrigerant evaluation, product freezing/cooling response assessments, energy studies, and computerized performance plans. ARC also provides construction and equipment maintenance and repair for other industrial and commercial refrigeration and HVAC needs. ARC prides itself on the installation of world-class systems for leaders in the food and beverage, cold storage arena, pharmaceutical, and process industries. The company is also widely known and respected for recreational refrigeration applications including artificial ice surfaces for various sporting activities including hockey and skating. ARC provides full-service capabilities including design, installation and after-market services. For more information, please visit http://www.arc.cool or call (978) 474-4000.
SOURCE American Refrigeration Company