SAVANNAH, Ga., Aug. 13, 2019 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- Altapure, a leading technology and manufacturing company dedicated
To demonstrate the sheer gravity of the status of infection in hospitals today, and the need for cutting-edge solutions like Altapure, here are five alarming facts you need to know:
1. The antibiotic era is over (1) and the most dangerous multidrug resistant organisms (MRSA, VRE, CRE, C. difficile, C. auris etc.) are endemic to hospitals.
2. Proper environmental cleaning is necessary to prevent the spread of pathogens: a. Manual cleaning leaves more than 50% of high-touch objects (HTOs) and surfaces still contaminated. (2) b. The floor is a major vector for pathogens to travel around in hospitals. (3) c. A prior room occupant with a C. difficile infection increases the risk for the next patient to stay in that room by almost 200%. (4)
3. Hospital Acquired Infections (HAIs) and Surgical Site Infections (SSIs) are a large burden on the healthcare system causing at least 100,000 deaths (some experts say closer to 200,000 or higher) and costing $35-45 billion annually. (5)
4. Numerous studies find that with proper implementation of a comprehensive infection prevention strategy, a large percentage of HAIs are preventable. (6)
5. Altapure is the fastest, safest and most efficacious high-level disinfection system in the world. a. Independent research data shows 100% elimination of all pathogens in a treated space, including the floor, regardless of surface or distance. (7) b. Food safe, non-toxic and biodegradable chemistry c. Safe for all electronics and surfaces in the room d. 50-minute turnover, entry to exit
Carl L. Ricciardi, one of the founders and President of Altapure, commented, "the Altapure team is proud to have joined with Red One Medical to ensure that our returning warfighters are provided a clean and safe environment, one without contamination of dangerous pathogens. A healing environment should be a safe environment."
Red One Medical CEO and Founder, Charles Pollak, shared "knowing we've entered the end of the antibiotic era, with some truly scary new organisms now endemic to our hospitals, I have been aggressively seeking ways to reduce the frequency and impact of infection. Altapure is the best product we have found to protect active military, veteran patients, and the healthcare providers who treat them."
About Red One Medical: Red One Medical is a CVE-certified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Savannah, GA. Wholly owned and operated by a combat veteran, Red One Medical is a leading medical device distributor and wholesaler serving the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) medical centers and Department of Defense (DoD) hospitals. Red One Medical donates a portion of profits to leading charities as part of its mission to support veterans, military families and their communities. To learn more about Red One Medical, visit http://www.redonemedical.com/.
About Altapure: Altapure is an innovative technology and manufacturing company dedicated to providing ultrasonic-based products for high-level disinfection and sterilization.
The company was founded in 2004 to develop and offer the best engineered products and solutions to reduce the risk of biological contamination found in medical institutions, clean rooms, food processing facilities, hotels, schools, emergency response vehicles, public transportation systems, and structures used to store agricultural crops.
Altapure's first commercialized product was the HJ-30i, which was launched in 2012. Altapure's newest product, the AP-4, was launched in 2017, and is an enhanced automated and touchless high-level disinfection sub-micron aerosol system providing a safe process and rapid "100% Kill" and "No Growth" for spores, viruses, and vegetative bacteria, such as, but not limited to: Acinetobacter baumanii, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, VRE, MRSA, Bacillus atrophaeus, Geobacillus stearothermophilus, Polio virus, and Clostridium difficile (C. difficile). To learn more about Altapure, visit https://altapure.com/.
(1) Molteni M. (2017, September 25). The Post-Antibiotic Era is Here. Now What? Wired: Science, received from: https://www.wired.com/story/the-post-antibiotic-era-is-here-now-what/ (2) Improved Cleaning of Patient Rooms Using a New Targeting Method. CID, Clinical Infectious Disease, Philip C. Carling, December 2005. (3) Dr. Curtis Donskey, Infection Control & Hospital Epidemiology. November 2016, vol. 37, no. 11 (4) Shaughnessy et al. Evaluation of Hospital Room Assignment and Acquisition of Clostridium difficile. Infection Control & Hospital Epidemiology, March 2011, Vol 32., No 3. (5) Economic burden of healthcare-associated infections: an American perspective. P. Stone doi: 10.1586/erp.09.53 (6) Cohen B, Liu J, Cohen AR, Larson E. Association Between Healthcare-Associated Infection and Exposure to Hospital Roommates and Previous Bed Occupants with the Same Organism. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2018;39(5):541-546. (7) Curtis L. Donskey, M.D. Department of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, School of Medicine, Cleveland Veteran Affairs Medical Center; Evaluation of an Automated Room Decontamination Device using aerosolized Peracetic acid, American Journal of Infection Control. Nov 2016.
SOURCE Red One Medical
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!