Taking PLAB / Examination requirements
For the purposes of the PLAB test one should use the same name, in the same order, as it appears on ones passport. It is important so that all correspondence can intimated to the candidate promptly.
The exact date the IELTS test was taken and the scores obtained has to be mentioned . One should remember that the certificate is valid for a maximum of two years from the date the IELTS test was taken . If an individuals
pass in the IELTS test is more than two years old at the time of taking Part 1 of the PLAB test, he / she will need to provide proof that they have actively maintained or tried to improve their English language skills since they passed the IELTS tests.
The ways in which the above can be done include:
- Proof of having undertaken a postgraduate course of study within the last two years since the IELTS test and original IELTS certificate showing that the required scores have been achieved .
- A reference completed by a UK employer or your personal tutor or lecturer on a postgraduate course of study within the last two years since completion of the first IELTS test. The original IELTS certificate showing that the required scores were achieved also has to be enclosed.
- Proof that the IELTS test was done again and the required scores were achieved.
Download Application Form
- If ones booking was done online, he / she must pay by debit or credit card, otherwise the fee of £145 must be paid in advance in sterling. Otherwise, fees paid in the United Kingdom must be in the form of a cheque, money order or postal order payable to General Medical Council. Fees sent from other countries, or paid in other countries, must be by sterling bank draft or money order. These must be made payable to General Medical Council. Please remember, where appropriate, to take bank charges into account when paying the fee.
- The form should be checked carefully to ensure that the information is correct, and form signed and dated appropriately. Applications must be completed and signed only by the concerned individual. Any discrepancies may delay ones application.
- In case the candidate wishes to take the examination in the UK, he /she should submit their forms together with the appropriate enclosures by post to the
PLAB Test Section (Candidate Services) GMC,
178 Great Portland Street,
London W1W 5JE.
- For those who have applied online, confirmation of oneplace will be given immediately, otherwise once the form has been processed, a letter offering you a place in the Examination and a map showing you where the Examination centre is located will be sent to your registered address.
- In exceptional circumstances, leading to postponement or cancellation of the Examination, the candidates will be entitled to a full refund of the Examination entry fee. The General Medical Council will not be liable for any other costs.