Urinary Incontinence in women

Email Comment bookmark
Font : A-A+


After obtaining a complete history and performing a physical examination, it is appropriate to initiate treatment without referral for specialized testing in most cases.
This section will address treatment of the two most common types of urinary incontinence: stress incontinence and overactive bladder. Treatment of overflow incontinence and functional incontinence should be directed at the underlying condition producing these conditions. Treatment of women with urinary incontinence secondary to a urinary or gynecologic deformity or lack of continuity usually involves surgery by a urogynecologist or a urologist.

Post a Comment

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
Notify me when reply is posted
I agree to the terms and conditions

relax idea of exam i like that exam (Amanda)


It's super cereal. You should put your damn grandma in a wheelchair and take her to a doctor.



My mother is 86. She passes urine on laughing, coughing etc. She canot move out because of incontinence. So I can't take her to a doctor.She is not diabetic. Can somebody please suggest a tested medicine for it. Thanks.


After my stroke is when it started for me. I'm sure that is just one of the results but can it be corrected without a pill?


Urinary Incontinence is a serious problem. I know, I had to deal with it with my mom/ This is a great article and will help many women

CME Lessons

Medindia Newsletters

Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!

Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Find a Doctor