Clinical findings :
1. Bleeding – streeking of faeces or passage of few drops post defecation
2. Pruritis –due to continuous perianal moisture
3. Discomfort – edema of heamorrhoids which may be severe if thrombosis recurs.
Prolapse : Stages
1) This occurs initially after defaection
2) Spontaneously reduces to the stage of
3) Permanent non reduceable prolapse.
Anoscopic examination: for heamorrhoids that do not protrude
Procto sigmoidoscopic examination: to exclude inflammatory or malignant disease at a higher level especially for patients above the age of 40.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!