Read the side effects of Prednisone as described in the medical literature. In case of any doubt consult your doctor or pharmacist.
- Clot in blood vessels or fat clot, vein inflammation, a group of inflammatory vascular lesions, cardiac arrhythmias or ECG changes, obstructed blood vessels, high blood pressure, heart rupture, heart failure. Central Nervous System
- Convulsions, increased intracranial pressure with optic disc swelling, vertigo, headache, tingling, abnormal condition of the mind. Skin
- Impaired wound healing, thin fragile skin, purple spot on the body and bruising, redness, lesions, subcutaneous fat atrophy, eruptions, skin rash, skin irritation. Eye and ENT
- Glare and decreased visual acuity, increased intraocular pressure, optic nerve damage, bulging of the eye. Gastrointestinal
- Inflammation of the pancreas, abdominal distention, inflammation esophagus, nausea, vomiting, increased appetite and weight gain, peptic ulcer with perforation and bleeding, small and large bowel perforation. Genitourinary
- Increased or decreased motility and number of sperm cells. Blood
- Raised white blood cell count. Metabolic
- Sodium and fluid retention, low amount of potassium in the blood, low level of calcium. Miscellaneous
- Musculoskeletal effects-muscle weakness, steroid muscle pain, muscle mass loss, tendon rupture.
Other Precautions :
*Report any injuries or signs of infection that occur during treatment and within 12months after treatment with prednisone.