Read the side effects of Panobinostat as described in the medical literature. In case of any doubt consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Gastrointestinal: Diarrhea, fatigue, nausea, peripheral edema (accumulation of water), decreased appetite, and vomiting.
Hematological: low platelet count), low white blood cell count, anemia (low Hemoglobin), low phosphorous, potassium levels in the blood.
Nervous system: dizziness, headache
, syncope (fainting), dysgeusia (altered taste)
Cardiovascular: palpitations (increased heart rate)
, dyspnea, respiratory failure, wheezing (abnormal lung sounds)
Vascular system: hypotension (low blood pressure), hypertension (High blood pressure)
Skin and subcutaneous disorders: skin rash, erythema (redness of skin)
Musculoskeletal disorders: joint swelling.
Renal and urinary disorders: Kidney failure, urinary incontinence (uncontrolled leak of urine)
General disorders and administration site conditions: chills.
Lab monitoring: blood urea, glomerular filtration rate, blood alkaline phosphatase levels should be monitored.
Other Precautions :
• Women in reproductive age should use effective contraception until 1 month of the last dose of panobinostat.
• Men should use condoms for at least 3 months of the last dose of panobinostat.
• Panobinostat capsules contact with the skin or mucous membranes should be avoided. Wash thoroughly if such contact occurs.
• Exposure to crushed and/or broken capsules should be avoided.
• Keep away from children.
• Patients should report chest pain or discomfort or changes in heartbeat, fever, swelling in legs, hands and skin, diarrhea, bleeding, immediately to consulting doctor.