Read the side effects of Meropenem as described in the medical literature. In case of any doubt consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Body as a Whole
- Pain, abdominal pain, chest pain, fever, back pain, abdominal enlargement, chills and pelvic pain. Heart
- Heart failure, heart arrest, fast/slow heart rate, high/low blood pressure, heart attack, blood clot in lungs and fainting. Gastrointestinal
- Oral infection, loss of appetite, indigestion and intestinal obstruction. Blood
- Anemia and increased blood volume. Metabolic
- Peripheral edema and poor oxygen supply. Central Nervous System
- Sleeplessness, agitation, confusion, dizziness, seizure, tingling, hallucinations, drowsiness, anxiety, depression and weakness. Respiratory
- Respiratory disorder, difficulty in breathing, wheezing, pleural effusion, asthma, cough increased and lung swelling. Skin
- Hives, sweating and skin ulcer. Genitourinary
- Painful urination, kidney failure, vaginal infection and urinary incontinence. Liver
- Jaundice and liver failure. Potentially Fatal
- Anaphylaxis and Stevens-Johnsons sydrome.
Other Precautions :
*Long term or repeated use of this medication may cause secondary infection.