Read the side effects of Mefenamic Acid as described in the medical literature. In case of any doubt consult your doctor or pharmacist.
- Abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea, indigestion, flatulence, gross bleeding/perforation, gastric/peptic ulcers, heartburn, nausea, mouth ulcer, GI ulcers, vomiting, anemia, elevated liver enzymes, and blood vomiting. Body as a whole
- Fever, infection and sepsis. Heart
- Heart failure, high blood pressure, fast heart rate and fainting. Liver
- Liver inflammation and jaundice. Blood
- Eosinophilia, decrease in white blood cells, bruising, blood in stool and rectal bleeding. Metabolic
- Weight changes. Central Nervous system
- Anxiety, weakness, confusion, depression, dream abnormalities, drowsiness, dizziness, sleeplessness, uneasiness, headache, nervousness, tingling and tremors. Respiratory
- Asthma and difficulty in breathing. Skin
- Hair loss, sensitivity to light, itching and increased sweating. Eye and ENT
- Blurred vision and ringing in the ear. Genitourinary
- Bladder inflammation, painful urination, blood in urine and kidney failure.
Other Precautions :
* Avoid excess dosage.