Read the side effects of Ganciclovir as described in the medical literature. In case of any doubt consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Body as a Whole
- Fever, chills, infection, enlarged abdomen, weakness, chest pain, edema, headache, injection site inflammation, uneasiness and pain.
- Diarrhea, loss of appetite, vomiting, abnormal liver function test, mouth ulcer, constipation, indigestion and eructation.
- Decrease in all types of blood cells.
- Increased cough and difficulty in breathing.
Central Nervous System
- Abnormal dreams, anxiety, confusion, depression, dizziness, dry mouth, sleeplessness, epilepsy, drowsiness, abnormal thinking and tremor.
- Hair loss and dry skin.
Eye and ENT
- Abnormal vision, taste perversion and ringing in the ear.
- Changes in liver enzymes and weight loss.
- High blood pressure, inflammation of vein and dilatation of blood vessels.
- Kidney failure, abnormal kidney function and urinary frequency.
- Joint/muscle pain, leg cramps and muscle weakness.
Other Precautions :
* It may lead to poor blood clot, avoid injury or bruising.