Read the side effects of Etynodiol as described in the medical literature. In case of any doubt consult your doctor or pharmacist.
• Menstrual disturbances, including prolonged bleeding or spotting and amenorrhea.
• Periodic abdominal bloating and breast tenderness may be due to water retention that can be relieved with diuretics.
• A decrease in HDL cholesterol.
• Hypogonadism due to its antigonadotropic effects at high dosages (5 to 60 mg/day) used in the treatment of gynecological disorders.
• Androgenic side effects like acne, hirsutism
and voice changes at high doses (10 to 40 mg/day) only when used alone and not when used in low doses combined with estrogen.
Other Precautions :
• Caution should be taken in diabetes patient because it may increase the blood sugar level.