Read the side effects of Enoxaparin as described in the medical literature. In case of any doubt consult your doctor or pharmacist.
- Abnormal heart rhythm, heart failure. Skin
- Cutaneous vasculitis(inflammation of blood vessels in the skin), easy bruising, discoloration of skin, skin necrosis occurring at the injection site or distant from the injection, blisters, rash. Gastrointestinal
- Nausea, diarrhea. Blood
- Anemia, major bleeding, reduced platelets, in some people increase in platelets. Hypersensitivity
- Systemic allergic reactions including anaphylactic/anaphylactoid reactions, itching, and hives. Local
- Pain, tenderness, irritation and redness, bleeding. Genitourinary
- Blood in urine. Respiratory
- Difficulty in sleeping, lung swelling and inflammation. Liver
- Increase in level of liver enzymes. Miscellaneous
- Mental confusion, fever, bleeding within the spinal cord, raised potassium level in the blood, swelling in the extremities.
Other Precautions :
• Enoxaparin increases the risk of bleeding. So, pressure at the puncture site should be maintained for sometime
• Use with caution in patients with increased bleeding risk such as - stomach ulcer, high blood pressure, diabetic retinal disease
• Use with caution in patients with kidney problems
• Monitor platelet count of patients – before starting the injection and regularly thereafter
• Do not exchange use of enoxaparin with heparin
• Pregnant women with mechanical heart valves and their fetuses, may be at increased risk and may need more frequent monitoring and dosage adjustment.