Read the side effects of Divalproex as described in the medical literature. In case of any doubt consult your doctor or pharmacist.
- Nausea, vomiting, drowsiness, dizziness, weakness, abdominal pain, indigestion and rash. Body as a Whole
- Chest pain, chills, fever, neck pain and neck rigidity. Heart
- High/low blood pressure, fast heart rate and dilation of blood vessels. Gastrointestinal
- Loss of appetite, fecal incontinence, flatulence, inflammation of gastrointestinal tract/tongue and mouth infection. Blood
- Bruising. Metabolic
- Swelling in the extremities and weight gain. Musculoskeletal
- Joint pain, leg cramps and twitching. Central Nervous System
- Abnormal dreams, abnormal gait, agitation, in-coordination, muscle rigidity, memory loss, sleeplessness, tingling, involuntary movements, abnormal thinking and fainting. Respiratory
- Difficulty in breathing and inflammation of nose. Skin
- Hair loss, skin scar, dry skin, boils, rash, itching and dandruff. Eye and ENT
- Lazy eye, inflammation of eyes, dry eyes, double vision, deafness, ear/eye pain and ringing in the ear. Genitourinary
- Painful menstrual period/urination, urinary incontinence and vaginal inflammation.
Other Precautions :
* It may lead to poor blood clots.
* Monitor blood counts, liver and kidney functions regularly while taking this medication.