Read the side effects of Dabrafenib as described in the medical literature. In case of any doubt consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Constipation, nausea, vomiting, swelling of the pancreas, loss of appetite, bleeding in stomach or intestine
Headache, dizziness, abnormal weakness
Coughing up blood, sore throat
, runny nose or the common cold, breathing difficulty, chest pain
Muscle pain, back pain, pain in the joints
Rashes, hair loss, abnormal thickening of the skin, new warts
, red skin, skin peeling, skin tags
High blood sugar levels, low levels of sodium and phosphate in blood, increased levels of alkaline phosphatase
Fever, chills, eye pain, swelling of eyelids, heart disease, swelling of kidneys, sensitivity to light
Other Precautions :
• Women of childbearing age should take effective non-hormonal contraception during dabrafenib treatment that should be continued for at least two weeks after taking the last dose of dabrafenib.
• Never take hormonal contraceptives as these effects are greatly affected by dabrafenib capsules.
• Inform the doctor immediately when the patient gets pregnant or a pregnancy is suspected during dabrafenib treatment.
• Breastfeeding should be stopped during dabrafenib therapy and for at least two weeks after stopping dabrafenib capsules as it is harmful to the baby.
• Dabrafenib can affect the fertility status; therefore patients who have plans for pregnancy must be advised to prepare for sperm or egg banking for future use before starting the treatment with dabrafenib.