Read the side effects of Clove oil as described in the medical literature. In case of any doubt consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Mild skin and mucous membrane irritation, contact dermatitis
, inflammation of lips and mouth
Blood clotting disorder
Adverse effects like coma
, acidosis, generalized seizure, disordered blood clotting and acute liver damage have been observed in children under 2 years of age who have consumed 5-10 ml of clove oil.
Other Precautions :
• Ingestion of clove oil can cause adverse effects; this has been reported in children under 2 years of age
• Using too much oil can make patients sensitive to it
• Do not use for eyes, ears or nose
• Avoid contact with the skin and gums; repeated use may cause gum damage
• Clove oil or any of its components must not be used as an anesthetic for fish, especially for long exposures due to toxicity concerns for the fish and to humans consuming them