Read the side effects of Chloroquine as described in the medical literature. In case of any doubt consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Eye and ENT
- Vision impairment, deafness, ringing in the ear and ear damage. Musculoskeletal
- Nerve disease and muscle weakness. Gastrointestinal
- Loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and abdominal cramps. Skin
- Skin eruptions, pigmentation, itching, sensitivity to light, and hair loss. Blood
- Anemia, reversible decrease in white blood cells and platelet counts. Central Nervous system
- Seizures, headache, emotion, personality changes and depression. Heart
- Low blood pressure.
Other Precautions :
•Blood cell counts should be checked frequently if patients are given long term therapy.
•Patients with enlarged heart or cardiomyopathy should be careful while using chloroquine, as it may cause abnormal rhythm.
• Avoid excess dosage.