Read the side effects of Amoxicillin as described in the medical literature. In case of any doubt consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Body as a whole
- Fungal infections, severe allergic reactions, joint pain, or general ill feeling, severe tingling, sleeplessness, numbness and pain.
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, antibiotic-associated colitis
, black hairy tongue and intestinal bleeding.
Anaphylactic shock, redness of skin, skin inflammation, hives, inflammation of blood vessels, itching, severe blistering and peeling.
Jaundice and liver inflammation.
Crystals in urine, dark colored urine and vaginal itching or discharge.
Anemia, decrease in white blood cells, platelets, increase in eosinophils and bruising.
Central Nervous System
Reversible hyperactivity, agitation, anxiety, sleeplessness, confusion, convulsions
, behavioral changes and dizziness.
- Tooth discoloration, heart burn, white patches or sores inside mouth or on lips, easy bruising and bleeding.
Other Precautions :
*Avoid excess dosage.
* Shake the liquid and pediatric drops well before each use to mix the medication evenly.
* The chewable tablets should be crushed or chewed thoroughly before they are swallowed.
* Patients with phenylketonuria
, should be cautious while taking chewable form of amoxicillin as it may contain phenylalanine.