Read the side effects of Amoxicillin as described in the medical literature. In case of any doubt consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Body as a whole
- Fungal infections, severe allergic reactions, joint pain, or general ill feeling, severe tingling, sleeplessness, numbness and pain. Gastrointestinal
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, antibiotic-associated colitis
, black hairy tongue and intestinal bleeding. Hypersensitivity
- Anaphylactic shock, redness of skin, skin inflammation, hives, inflammation of blood vessels, itching, severe blistering and peeling. Liver
- Jaundice and liver inflammation. Genitourinary
- Crystals in urine, dark colored urine and vaginal itching or discharge. Blood
- Anemia, decrease in white blood cells, platelets, increase in eosinophils and bruising. Central Nervous System
- Reversible hyperactivity, agitation, anxiety, sleeplessness, confusion, convulsions
, behavioral changes and dizziness. Miscellaneous
- Tooth discoloration, heart burn, white patches or sores inside mouth or on lips, easy bruising and bleeding.
Other Precautions :
*Avoid excess dosage.
* Shake the liquid and pediatric drops well before each use to mix the medication evenly.
* The chewable tablets should be crushed or chewed thoroughly before they are swallowed.
* Patients with phenylketonuria
, should be cautious while taking chewable form of amoxicillin as it may contain phenylalanine.