• Biotin is a dietary supplement prescribed to prevent and treat a rare biotin deficiency which is associated with malnutrition
, pregnancy, long-term tube feeding and rapid weight loss.
• It assists in various biochemical pathways as a cofactor that break down the body’s carbohydrate, protein and fat.
• Biotin is used for conditions like hair loss
, brittle nails
, conjunctivitis, and seborrheic dermatitis in children.
• It is also used in some metabolic disorders. However, its effectiveness in these conditions has not been established.
This medication is an antifungal, prescribed for skin infections such as athlete's foot, jock itch, ringworm, yeast infections and seborrheic dermatitis (inflammatory skin condition). It prevents fungal growth.
This medication is an antiviral agent, prescribed for herpes zoster(shingles). It is also used to treat recurring cold sores and to treat or suppress recurring genital herpes.
This medication is a synthetic antiandrogen, prescribed for benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), prostate cancer, and hair loss.
This medication is a topical corticosteroid, prescribed for eczema.
Hydroquinone is a local cream prescribed for dark or hyper-pigmented skin marks such as freckles (small flat brown marks on the face and sun exposed areas), melasma (brown patches on skin), age spots, and dark spots due to acne, pregnancy-related scars, skin trauma or use of birth control pills. It works by inhibiting tyrosinase, enzyme which is required to make melanin in skin cells. Melanin give the skin the dark color.
This medication is a retinoid, prescribed for acne and other skin disorders.
Minocycline is a broad spectrum tetracycline antibiotic. It acts by inhibiting the growth of bacteria in the body.
• It is used for certain infections such as rickettsial infections like Rocky Mountain Spotted fever, typhus fever, rickettseal pox and tick fever, sexually transmitted diseases like lymphogranuloma venereum, granuloma inguinale, chancroid and non-gonococcal urethritis, eye infections like trachoma and inclusion conjunctivitis, atypical pneumonia, psittacosis, relapsing fever, acne, brucellosis, Campylobacter infections, bartonellosis, plague and cholera.
•It may be effective in other infections as well, however several bacteria have developed resistance to the drug.
•It may be used in patients who are allergic to the penicillin group of drugs as an alternative.
•It is also used in people who carry the meningococcal bacteria in their nose and upper throat but do not suffer from any symptoms.
•Local application of minocycline is used in patients with gum disease along with scaling and root planing.
This medication is a topical corticosteroid, prescribed for treatment of inflammatory skin disorders (such as eczema and psoriasis), allergic rhinitis (such as hay fever), and asthma. Nasal spray is used for seasonal allergies like runny nose. It reduces inflammatory reactions and modifies immune reactions in the body.
This medication is a topical antibiotic, prescribed for acne vulgaris.
This medication is an antifungal agent, prescribed for interdigital tinea pedis (athlete's foot) in immunocompetent patients.
This medication is an antifungal agent, prescribed for jock itch, athlete's foot and other types of ringworm infections.
This medication is a retinoid, prescribed for acne vulgaris and acute promyelocytic leukemia.
This medication is an emollient & skin protective, prescribed for diaper rash and other minor skin irritations.
This medication is an antifungal and antibacterial agent, used for dandruff either alone or combined with ketaconazole.