Ademetionine is used for treating chronic liver disease
such as intrahepatic cholestasis, a condition related to reduced bile flow resulting in accumulation. It is also used to treat mood disorders such as depression
, and muscle pain or fibromyalgia
• Biotin is a dietary supplement prescribed to prevent and treat a rare biotin deficiency which is associated with malnutrition
, pregnancy, long-term tube feeding and rapid weight loss.
• It assists in various biochemical pathways as a cofactor that break down the body’s carbohydrate, protein and fat.
• Biotin is used for conditions like hair loss
, brittle nails
, conjunctivitis, and seborrheic dermatitis in children.
• It is also used in some metabolic disorders. However, its effectiveness in these conditions has not been established.
This medication is an essential body mineral, it ensures the adequate supply of calcium to bones.
Choline is prescribed to pregnant women to prevent neural tube defects
in offspring. It is used as a supplement in infant formulas to promote brain growth and intelligence.
Choline may help reduce the severity and the number of asthma
attacks. There is some evidence that higher doses (3 g per day for adults) work better than lower doses.
Since choline deficiency causes muscle damage and abnormal deposition of fat in the liver, which results in a condition called nonalcoholic fatty liver disease
, it could possibly be used to treat the condition.
Choline is consumed by athletes for bodybuilding and to delay fatigue in endurance sports.
Choline’s other benefits include treatment of depression and memory loss
Choline could prevent cancer
, and help in lowering cholesterol
Although humans can synthesize choline in small amounts, it must be consumed in the diet to maintain health. Most of the body's choline is found in specialized fat molecules known as phospholipids, the most common of which is called phosphatidylcholine. It is found in foods like meat, eggs, poultry, fish, dairy products, potatoes, cruciferous vegetables, some bean, nuts and seeds.
• Dimethylglycine is an amino acid which is used in combination with other active ingredients for the treatment of conditions like attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder, epilepsy, allergies, respiratory disorders
, inflammation and cancer
• Its efficacy in these cases, however, has not been established.
This medication is a vitamin, prescribed for anemia due to vitamin C deficiency.
This medication is an essential mineral, prescribed as a nutrient, antiseptic, thyroid agent and expectorant.
Methionine is an amino acid.
It is used to:
• Make the urine more acidic and reduce irritation from diaper rash in an infant or rash due to bladder incontinence
in an adult.
• It also helps in controlling strong urine odor.
• Prevents liver damage in patients with acetaminophen/paracetamol poisoning.
This medication is an antihyperlipidemic agent, prescribed for hyperlipidemia.
This medication is an essential mineral for body, prescribed for hypokalemia.
This medication is a different form of Vitamin A, prescribed for Vitamin A deficiency.
This medication is an essential trace element, prescribed as a dietary supplement.