Cipla Limited Generic : Zanamivir
800.00 5mg 20
• Body as a whole:
Swelling of the face and tongue regions, allergic reactions, fever, chills, lack of appetite, running nose, irritation in the nose region, sore throat and joint pain.
• Skin: Blistering of the skin, skin rashes and itching.
• Gastrointestinal: Vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea and nausea.
• Central Nervous System : Headache, sudden confusion state, nightmares and unusual behavior.
• Respiratory: Nasal signs and symptoms, nasal inflammation, bronchitis, cough, sinusitis and ear, nose and throat infections.
Adult: Inhalation- Influenza A and B- 10 mg twice daily for 5 days, to be started as soon as possible (within 48 hours) after onset of symptoms.
Prophylaxis of influenza A and B- Household setting: 10 mg once daily for 10 days, to be started within 36 hours of exposure; community outbreak: 10 mg once daily for 28 days, to be started within 5 days of outbreak.
It comes in a powder form for inhalation, two times per day.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of heart, kidney, liver, lung disease, asthma, bronchitis or other breathing problems, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Patient may develop with serious life threatening breathing problem, wheezing problem, severe allergic reactions; if it is so stop the medication immediately.
• Patient may develop with suicidal thoughts or unusual behavior, watch them carefully.
• Avoid vaccination during the treatment.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
Not advisable for treatment in children less than 7 years of age.
Inhalation: Store it at room temperature (25°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!