Valgan (450mg)Film coated tablet
Cipla Limited Generic : Valganciclovir
980.00 450mg 4
• Most Common :
Diarrhea, fever, nausea, tremor, anemia, graft rejection, decrease in white blood cells and platelet counts, vomiting.
• Allergic reactions : Hypersensitivity.
• Bleeding complications : Potentially life-threatening bleeding associated with thrombocytopenia.
• Central Nervous System : Tingling, dizziness, convulsion, depression, psychosis, hallucinations, confusion and agitation.
• Gastrointestinal : Abdominal pain, constipation, indigestion, abdominal distention and ascites.
• General : Fatigue, pain, fluid retention, swelling in the extremities and weakness.
• Blood : Anemia and bone marrow depression.
• Liver : Abnormal liver function.
• Metabolic : Increased blood sugar, decreased appetite, dehydration and decrease in blood minerals.
• Musculoskeletal : Back pain, joint pain, muscle cramps and limb pain.
• Genitourinary : Kidney impairment, painful urination and decreased creatinine clearance.
• Respiratory : Cough, difficulty in breathing, runny nose and lung inflammation.
• Skin : Skin inflammation, itching and pimples.
• Heart : Low blood pressure.
Induction: PO- The recommended dose is 900 mg (two 450 mg tablets) twice a day for 21 days.
It comes as a tablet and solution take by mouth, with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of congenital CMV disease, blood cell or platelet problems, history of bone marrow depression, kidney, heart, or liver disease, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness or dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Extreme caution needed in children less than 4 months old.
• Avoid contact with people who have infections.
• It may reduce platelet counts; avoid injury or bruising.
• It may decrease sperm counts; consult with your healthcare before taking this medication.
• Monitor complete blood counts, and kidney function while taking this medication.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at controlled room temperature (15°C to 30°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!