Cipla Limited Generic : Valacyclovir
140.00 1000mg 3 Tablets
• Most Common:
Headache, abdominal pain, pain in the lower back region, weakness, swelling in the face, lip, tongue and throat region.
• Respiratory : Difficulty in breathing.
• Skin : Hives and red spots in the skin.
• Gastrointestinal : Bloody diarrhea, vomiting and nausea.
• Central Nervous System: Fainting, drowsiness, mood changes, convulsions, confusion, aggression and hallucinations.
• Eye : Vision problems.
• Miscellaneous: Photosensitivity, liver function abnormalities, depression, joint pain, stuffy nose and sore throat.
Herpes Zoster: 1gm, three-times/ day for a week.
Herpes Simplex: First episode: 0.50-10gm two times/ day, for 10days; recurrent episode: 0.5gm two times/ day for 3 days.
Cold Sores: 2gm two times per day.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
Hypersensitivity to valaciclovir and acyclovir.
• It may lead to dehydration, drink adequate water or liquid.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver or kidney impairment, AIDS, severe allergic reactions, elderly, pregnancy, and breastfeeding.
• It may make you drowsy, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Monitor kidney function regularly during first 10 days of treatment.
Avoid sexual contact with your life partner, if you have symptoms of genital herpes.
Do not stop the medication without consulting with your doctor.
Oral: Store below 30°C. Do not freeze.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!