Urokinase (0.2 lacs iu)Injection
TTK Healthcare Ltd. Generic : Urokinase
270.85 0.2 lacs iu/vial 1 Vial
• Most Common:
• Heart : Heart attack, recurrent blood clot in lungs, stroke.
• Blood: Decreased red blood cells and platelets.
• Miscellaneous: Excess sweating.
• Potentially Fatal: Severe bleeding, severe allergic reactions, cholesterol embolization. Other side effects such as heart arrest and irregular heart rate have also been seen in patients taking urokinase.
Adult: IV- Deep vein thrombosis; Pulmonary embolism: Initial: 4,400 u/kg over 10 minutes, then 4,400 u/kg/hr for 12-24 hour (deep vein thrombosis) or 12 hour (pulmonary embolism).
Peripheral arterial thromboembolism: As 2,000 u/ml solution: Infuse into a clot via a catheter at a rate of 4,000 u/min for 2 hour.
Heart Attack: 2.5 lac IU over 10 minutes followed by 5 lac IU over the next 1 hour.
It comes as a solution for injection to be injected by a healthcare provider into the vein.
Contraindicated in patients with active internal bleeding; history of stroke; recent (within 2 month) trauma including surgery on brain and spinal cord; aneurysm or tumor within the brain; known bleeding diathesis; severe uncontrolled high blood pressure, allergy to the drug.
• Any vascular punctures or invasive procedures should be avoided.
•Caution needed for patients with history of peptic ulcer disease, pre-existing bleeding disorders, high blood pressure, heart infection, recent biopsy or surgery, recent injury, any allergies.
• Use extra caution to avoid injury and trauma. Use with caution in patients with liver or kidney disease, coagulation defects, brain disease, damage to the retina due to diabetes or any other condition in which bleeding could be dangerous, pregnancy or after recent surgery, childbirth or trauma.
•Monitor for reperfusion heart rate when used in heart attack.
•It may increase the risk of cerebral bleeding.
Blood tests including hematocrit, platelet count and activated partial thromboplastin time should be checked.
Injection: Store below 25°C. Store it in room temperature, and in an airtight container.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!