Zeus Pharmaceuticals Generic : Trifluoperazine
11.00 5mg/2mg 10 Tablets
• Most Common :
Drowsiness, dizziness, skin reactions, rash, dry mouth, sleeplessness, absence of menstrual periods, fatigue, muscular weakness, loss of appetite, spontaneous secretion of milk, blurred vision and neuromuscular (extrapyramidal) reactions.
• Central Nervous System : Headache, extreme tiredness, weakness, muscle stiffness, confusion, agitation and jitteriness.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea and constipation.
• Skin : Sweating and yellowing of the skin.
• Genitourinary : Impotence and breast enlargement/tenderness in male.
• Allergic Reactions : Blisters, hives, itching, difficulty in breathing or swallowing, swelling of the eyes, face, mouth, lips, tongue, throat, arms, hands, feet, ankles or lower legs.
• Eye : Vision loss.
• Miscellaneous : Fever, flu-like symptoms, sore throat, chills and other signs of infection.
PO: Usual starting dosage is 2 mg to 5 mg two times per day.
Non-psychotic Anxiety - Usual dosage is 1 or 2 mg twice daily.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with food.
Contraindicated in patients with bone marrow depression, liver damage, coma and hypersensitivity.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of heart problems, blood problems, neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS), Parkinson disease, glaucoma, high or low blood pressure, prostate problems, breast cancer, increased eye pressure, seizures, chest pain, heart disease, alcohol abuse, depression, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Avoid taking this medication 2 days before and 1 day after the myelogram examination (x-ray examination of the spine).
• It may cause drowsiness, dizziness, fainting or blurred vision, do not drive a car or operate machinery and get up slowly from bed while taking this medication.
• Avoid becoming over heated; otherwise it may cause heat stroke.
• Patient may develop with involuntary movements, NMS (Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome) with the following symptoms: stiff muscles, confusion, abnormal thinking, fast or irregular heartbeat. If it is so consult with your doctor.
• Avoid contact with people who have infections.
• Avoid exposure to sunlight; otherwise it may cause sunburn easily.
• Perform tests for phenylketonuria (PKU) and pregnancy regularly while taking this medication.
Avoid alcohol consumption.
Store it at room temperature (15° and 30°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!