Ajanta Pharma Ltd. Generic : Tretinoin
118.00 0.1%/0.025%/2%/1gm 15gm
• Most Common :
Headache, fever, skin dryness, bone pain, nausea/vomiting, rash, itching, increased sweating, visual disturbances, hair loss, skin changes and bone inflammation.
• Body as a Whole : Uneasiness, shivering, bleeding, infections, swelling in the extremities, chest discomfort, increased and decreased weight, injection site reactions, loss of appetite, muscle pain, flank pain, fluid imbalance, pallor, lymph disorders, acidity and chills.
• Respiratory : Upper respiratory tract disorders, difficulty in breathing, respiratory insufficiency, pneumonia, wheezing, lung infection/swelling and asthma.
• ENT : Ear pain and hearing loss.
• Gastrointestinal : GI hemorrhage, abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation, indigestion, abdominal distention, liver inflammation, ulcer and unspecified liver disorder.
• Heart : Abnormal heart rate, flushing, low/high blood pressure, vein inflammation, heart failure, heart attack, enlarged heart, heart murmur and stroke.
• Central Nervous System : Dizziness, tingling, anxiety, sleeplessness, depression, confusion, agitation, hallucinations, abnormal gait, convulsions, coma, CNS depression, speech disorder, encephalopathy, facial paralysis, tremor, leg weakness, unconsciousness, dementia, memory loss, drowsiness and slow speech.
• Genitourinary : Kidney impairment, painful urination, urinary frequency and enlarged prostate.
• Miscellaneous : Skin lesions.
PO- The recommended dose is 45 mg/m2/day administered as two evenly divided doses.
Topical- 0.05% apply a thin layer of cream over the affected area.
It comes as a capsule to take by mouth, with or without food.
Topical- It comes as a liquid, cream and gel to apply topically.
Caution should be exercised in patients with history of blood cholesterol, liver or heart disease, abnormally high white blood cell count, any allergy, who are taking other medications, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
It may cause dizziness or severe headache, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
Monitor pregnancy tests, blood clotting factors, blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels, liver function and white blood cell counts regularly while taking this medication.
It should not be used in children less than 1 year old.
• Topical :
Wash your hands thoroughly after applying this medication.
Avoid exposure to sunlight.
Keep away from eyes, mouth, angles of nose, mucous membranes or open wounds.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store at 15° to 30°C. Keep the container tightly closed at room temperature and out of the reach of children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!