Macleods Pharmaceuticals Ltd. (Procare AHT) Generic : Tolvaptan
396.00 15mg 4
• Most Common :
Increased thirst, dry mouth, weakness, constipation, increased urination and increased blood sugar.
• Blood : Blood clot events.
• Heart : Severely abnormal heart rhythm, prolonged prothrombin time.
• Gastrointestinal : Intestinal inflammation.
• Metabolic : Diabetic ketoacidosis.
• Musculoskeletal : Rhabdomyolysis.
• Central Nervous System : Stroke.
• Genitourinary : Urethral bleeding, vaginal bleeding.
• Respiratory : Blood clot in lungs, respiratory failure.
• Vascular disorder : Deep vein thrombosis.
PO- The usual starting dose is 15 mg administered once daily. Increase up 30 mg once daily. Maximum: 60 mg once daily.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Cautions should be exercised in patients with history of diabetes, kidney disease, liver disease, use/abuse of alcohol, who are taking other medications, any allergy, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Avoid becoming dehydrated; drink adequate fluids.
• It may raise blood sugar level; if it is so consult with your doctor.
• ♦ Patient may develop with increased risk of Osmotic demyelination syndrome.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store at 25°C.♦ Safety Labeling Changes Approved By FDA
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!