Intra Labs India Pvt. Ltd. Generic : Tapentadol
120.00 50mg 10
• Gastrointestinal :
Nausea, vomiting, constipation, dry mouth, indigestion, abdominal discomfort and impaired gastric emptying.
• General : Fatigue, feeling hot, irritability, fluid retention, and drug withdrawal syndrome.
• Infections : Upper respiratory tract infection and urinary tract infection.
• Metabolic : Decreased appetite.
• Musculoskeletal : Joint pain, involuntary muscle contractions, and heaviness.
• Central Nervous system : Dizziness, drowsiness, tremor, lethargy, sensory loss, tingling, attention disturbance, sleepiness, speech disorder, unconsciousness, memory loss, incoordination, fainting, epilepsy, sleeplessness, confusion, abnormal dreams, anxiety, disorientation, restlessness, agitation, nervousness, and abnormal thinking.
• Skin : Itching, increased sweating, rash, and hives.
• Heart : Hot flush, increased or decreased heart rate.
• Eye : Visual disturbances.
• Genitourinary : Urinary hesitation and frequent daytime urination.
• Respiratory : Decreased oxygen saturation, cough, difficulty in breathing and respiratory depression.
Adult- PO- The recommended dose is 50 mg, 75 mg, or 100 mg every 4 to 6 hours depending upon pain intensity.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
Contraindicated in patients with respiratory depression, paralytic ileus, who are taking monoamine oxidase (MAOIs) inhibitors or who have taken MAOIs within the last 14 days, and hypersensitivity.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver or kidney disease, bowel problem, head injury, tumor, stroke, lung or breathing problems, seizure, overweight, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness or dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery and get up slowly from bed while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Patient may develop with increased risk of seizures; consult with your doctor before taking this medication.
• Patient may develop with increased risk of serotonin syndrome with the following symptoms: agitation, confusion, hallucinations, coma, fever, irregular heartbeat, tremor, excessive sweating, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea. If it is so consult with your doctor.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at controlled room temperature (25°C), and in an airtight container.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!