Cipla Limited Generic : Tamsulosin
55.25 0.4mg 10 Tablets
• Body as Whole:
Headache, increase in infections, weakness, back pain, chest pain.
• Central Nervous System: Dizziness, altered sleep.
• Respiratory: Inflammation of nose, pharynx and sinuses.
• Gastrointestinal: Diarrhea, nausea.
• Genitourinary: Abnormal ejaculation, decrease in sexual activities, painful persistent penile erection (rare).
• Eye: Blurred vision.
• Hypersensitivity: Severe allergic reactions like rash, itching, swelling, trouble in breathing.
Adult: PO- Extended release 400 mcg once daily, up to 800 mcg once daily after 2-4 wk if needed.
It comes as a tablet and capsule to take by mouth, it should be taken with food.
Hypersensitivity to this drug.
• Prostate cancer should be ruled out before starting the therapy.
•It may cause a complication called intra operative floppy iris syndrome in patients who undergoes cataract surgery.
•It may cause low blood pressure and fainting in standing position especially with first dose, or if dosage is increased or an antihypertensive drug or a phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitor is added to the treatment regimen.
•Caution needed when used in patients with sulfa allergy, pregnancy, breastfeeding, liver or kidney impairment, and children.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Take this medication in whole. Do not crush.
It should not be used with drugs that inhibit its breakdown e.g. ketoconazole.
Oral: Store at 25°C. Keep this medication in an airtight container, and out of reach of children. Store it at room temperature.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!