Simvofix (20 mg)Tablet
BAL Pharma Ltd Generic : Simvastatin
55.00 20mg 10 Tablets
• Central Nervous System:
Headache, dizziness, sleeplessness, depression.
• Gastrointestinal: Nausea, flatulence, distortion of the sense of taste, abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation.
• Eye: Lens opacities, blurring of vision.
• Metabolic: Serum transaminases and CPK elevations.
♦ • Musculoskeletal: Muscle pain, muscle weakness and Immune-Mediated Necrotizing Myopathy (IMNM).
• Miscellaneous: Heartburn, hypersensitivity, sexual dysfunction, and upper respiratory symptoms.
The recommended dose is 5-20mg/day by orally. The maximum dose is 40mg/day.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth (orally). It is usually taken one to three times a day, with or without food. Avoid excessive consumption (> 1 L/day) of grapefruit juice.
Contraindicated in patients with hypersensitivity, acute liver disease or unexplained persistent elevations of serum transaminases, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Caution should be exercised patients with history of liver disease.
• It may lead to rapid breakdown of skeletal muscle (rhabdomyolysis), severe infection, low blood pressure, major surgical trauma, uncontrolled seizures or severe metabolic, endocrine and electrolyte disorder.
• Avoid drinking alcohol otherwise it may result in liver failure.
• This medication should be used with extreme caution in children younger than 10 years old and in those who have not reached puberty. Discontinue treatment if there is marked or persistent increase in serum-aminotransferase concentrations.
Avoid changing the dose with out doctor's advice.
Oral: Store at 5-30°C. Store it in an airtight container and keep away from children.♦ Safety Labeling Changes Approved By FDA
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!