Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd. Generic : Pioglitazone
72.25 2/500/15mg 10 Tablets
Congestive heart failure.
• Central Nervous System: Headache.
• Eye and ENT: Inflammation of pharynx, swelling of the retina.
• Gastrointestinal: Tooth disorders.
• Liver: Elevated liver enzymes, inflammation or damage of liver.
• Blood: Anemia.
• Metabolic: Low glucose level with symptoms of shakiness, dizziness, sweating, headache, pale skin, hunger.
• Musculoskeletal: Bone fractures, muscle pain.
• Respiratory: Upper respiratory tract infection, sinusitis.
• Miscellaneous: Edema.
Adult: PO- The recommended dose is 15 to 30 mg once daily. Max: 45 mg/day.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth. It is usually taken once daily with or without meals.
Contraindicated in patients with hypersensitivity, type 1 diabetes mellitus, symptomatic or history of heart failure, diabetic ketoacidosis, children less than 18 years, pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Proper diet, regular exercise, and regular blood sugar testing are important for best results of this medication. Follow the diet and exercise program given to you by your health care provider.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver, heart, diabetic eye diseases, and polycystic ovary syndrome.
• Increased risk of low blood sugar when used with insulin or oral hypoglycemic.
• It may lead to edema, congestive heart failure, liver dysfunction, jaundice, and anemia.
• It may cause ovulation in premenopausal, anovulatory women.
• Monitor liver function before and during treatment, glucose control.
• Stop treatment if alanine transaminase, a liver enzyme increases and remains >3 times above the upper limit of normal or if jaundice develops.
Do not stop taking this medicine without speaking to your doctor first.
Oral: Keep it at room temperature and in an airtight container. Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!