Aar Ess Remedies Pvt. Ltd Generic : Pantoprazole
69.00 20/10mg 10 Tablets
• Central Nervous System:
Headache, anxiety, weakness, dizziness, muscle tightness, migraine, sleeplessness, damage to the eye nerve, confusion, increased potassium level in blood, speech disorder, tinnitus, uneasiness, fatigue, vertigo.
• Skin: Rash, severe allergic reactions (eg, erythema multiforme, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis).
• Eye and ENT: Inflammation of pharynx, stuffy nose, blurred vision.
• Gastrointestinal: Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, pain, constipation, rarely inflammation of pancreas.
• Genitourinary: Urinary frequency, urinary tract infection, kidney disease, creatinine increased.
• Blood: Pancytopenia- decrease of all types of blood cells, including red and white blood cells as well as platelets.
• Liver: Increased liver enzymes, liver cells damage leading to jaundice and liver failure.
• Local: Injection-site reactions (including abscess, thrombophlebitis).
• Metabolic: Increase in fat, sugar, cholesterol, weight changes, uric acid in the blood.
• Musculoskeletal: Joint pain, back pain, neck pain.
• Respiratory: Asthma, cough, difficulty in breathing, upper respiratory tract infection.
• Miscellaneous: Chest pain, flu syndrome, infection, severe and life-threatening reaction.
PO- GERD- 20-40 mg /day in the morning for 4 to 8 weeks if needed. Maintenance: 20-40 mg/day.
IV- 40 mg/day for 7 to 10 days.
Erosive esophagitis: Adults 40 mg/day up to 8 weeks.
Children: 20mg/day up to 8weeks.
Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome: 40mg twice daily. IV: 80 mg every 12 hour.
It comes as a delayed-release (long-acting) tablet to take by mouth. It is usually taken once or twice a day. It should be taken approximately 30 minutes prior to meals for maximal effectiveness. Tablets should be swallowed whole and should not be crushed, split or chewed. Injection administered by healthcare providers as into the vein.
Hypersensitivity and lactation.
• Long-term therapy may lead to bacterial overgrowth in the GI tract, atrophic gastritis.
• Monitor liver function regularly (if enzymes increase, discontinue) because it may lead to liver damage.
• Caution needed during pregnancy; not recommended in children <18 year.
•♦ Patient may develop with increased risk of Clostridium difficile associated diarrhea (CDAD).
It should be taken every day only when symptoms are present.
Store it in room temperature and keep away from children.♦ Safety Labeling Changes Approved By FDA
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!