Oxaceprol is an anti-inflammatory agent used for the treatment of osteoarthritis or degenerative joint disorders and inflammation of connective tissues.
The function of oxaceprol is to reduce the accumulation of leukocytes in joints and hence inhibit inflammation.
Search for Drugs/Medicines
Medindia currently has information on 3,116
generic drugs and 110,306
brands that have their prices listed. New drugs with their prices are listed as and when they get approved by the drug controller. Please do write to us (email@example.com
) if a drug is missing from our comprehensive drug price list.
Drug information on Oxuba OD (Oxaceprol) from Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Drug Name : Oxaceprol
Oxaceprol generic Oxaceprol is an anti-inflammatory agent used for the treatment of osteoarthritis or degenerative joint disorders and inflammation of connective tissues. The function of oxaceprol is to reduce the accumulation of leukocytes in joints and hence inhibit inflammation.
More Info about Oxaceprol
Trade Names for Oxaceprol
Last Updated on May 03, 2018
• Oxaceprol has anti-inflammatory properties.
• It is used for the treatment of osteoarthritis, inflammation, arthritis and other conditions.
• The recommended dose of the drug is 37.5 to 200 mg tablet.
• Initially a high dosage is given which is reduced gradually with time.
Central nervous system: Dizziness, headache
Gastrointestinal: Abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea, epigastric pain, bloating, nausea, vomiting, indigestion
• The tablet or capsule should be taken unchewed between meals.
• Oxaceprol is contraindicated in patients allergic to the drug.
• Caution should be taken in pregnant and lactating women
• Caution should be taken in children
• Inform the doctor beforehand if you are having any surgeries
• Avoid excess dose
• Oxaceprol interacts with anticoagulant therapy with vitamin k- anticoagulant, antihypertensive, methotrexate, and lithium
• Oxaceprol should be stored at room temperature.