Bestochem Formulations (India) Ltd. Generic : Ondansetron
26.50 2mg/5mL 30ml
Chest pain, fast heart rate.
• Central Nervous System: Headache, seizures, dizziness.
• Skin: Rash.
• Gastrointestinal: Dry mouth, constipation, abdominal pain.
• Metabolic: Low potassium in blood, increased level of liver enzymes.
• Respiratory: Asthma.
• Genitourinary: Gynecological disorder, urinary retention.
• Miscellaneous: Fever, anaphylaxis, weakness.
Oral: Prevention of post-op nausea and vomiting- 16 mg 1 hour before anesthesia.
Nausea and vomiting associated with cancer chemotherapy- 24 mg as a single dose 30 minutes before start of single-day chemotherapy.
Less emetogenic chemotherapy and/or radiotherapy: 8 mg 2 hour before treatment followed by 8 mg 8-12 hour later.
It comes as a tablet, a rapidly disintegrating (dissolving) tablet, and an oral solution to take by mouth, and injection administered intravenously. The first dose of this medication is usually taken 30 minutes before the start of chemotherapy, 1 to 2 hours before the start of radiation therapy, or 1 hour before surgery. Additional doses are sometimes taken one to three times a day during chemotherapy or radiation therapy and for 1 to 2 days after the end of treatment.
The concomitant use of apomorphine with ondansetron is contraindicated, and known hypersensitivity.
• It may affect heart rhythm, cause severe liver impairment.
• Caution needed when used in cardiac diseases, patients who are on medications that can prolong QT or patients with electrolyte abnormalities, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may mask progressive ileus and/or gastric distension.
Do not change the dose, without consulting with your doctor.
Oral: Oral solution: Store at 15-30 °C. Protect from light. Tablet: Store at 2-30°C.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!