Blurred vision, increased eye pressure, irritation, increases tears, dilation of pupil, painful eyes.
• Heart: Heart abnormalities, hypertension, reduced body temperature.
• Central Nervous System: Dizziness, drowsiness, headache, nervousness, discomfort.
• Gastrointestinal: Nausea.
• Respiratory: Transient stinging, nasal mucosa irritation, dryness, rebound congestion sneezing.
• Miscellaneous: Excessive sweating weakness, redness.
• Metabolic: Increase in blood glucose.
Ophthalmic- Conjunctival decongestant: As 0.1% solution: Instill 1-2 drops 3-4 hourly as needed. Adult: 1-2 drops of 0.1% solution to the conjunctiva every 3-4 hour as needed.
Nasal- Nasal congestion and as adjunct for sinusitis- As 0.05-0.1% solution: Instill 1-2 drops/sprays 6 hourly.
This medication comes as eye drops. Instill into the affected eye(s) twice a day, around 6 to 8 hours apart.
It also comes as nasal drops to instill into the nose as directed by your physician.
Contraindicated in patients with narrow-angle glaucoma, and hypersensitivity.
• Remove contact lenses before applying this medication.
•Caution should also be exercised in patients with history of chronic asthma, hypertension, heart failure, coronary artery disease, cerebral arteriosclerosis, diabetes, hyperthyroidism, local infection or injury, prostate enlargement , and in pregnant women.
Avoid using adequately.
Eye/Nsal Drops: Store it at room temperature (25ï¿½C).