Some of the side effects of nandrolone are:
• Gastro intestinal: Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhea
• Liver: Benign and malignant tumors, blood-filled cysts in the liver
• CNS: Habit forming, difficulty in sleeping, changes in mood
• Genitourinary: Altered sexual function, impotence in males, feminization in males, menstrual irregularities in females. Other changes that may be noted in females include acne, male pattern baldness, abnormal hair growth in the face and body and hoarseness of voice.
• Miscellaneous: Fluid and electrolyte retention resulting in swelling at the ankles, increase in glucose and cholesterol levels, or allergic reaction
The recommended dose for
Adults : I M is 50-200 mg/week.
Children: I M 25-50 mg every 3-4 weeks.
Nandrolone comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider into the buttock muscle.
Nandrolone should not be used in patients with prostate cancer, breast cancer especially with high calcium levels, severe kidney impairment, pregnancy or in patients allergic to the drug.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with liver or heart disease, diabetes, swelling of the feet or ankles, high blood calcium levels, any allergy, who are taking other medication and children less than 9 years old. Monitor liver function, blood cholesterol and sugar level regularly while taking this medication. Monitor calcium levels in women with breast cancer.
• Do not use this medication to boost athletic performance or to improve physical appearance. Use in sports could result in a ban.
• Do not use if there is any change in color or presence of visible particles in the product.
Avoid use in children. Monitor skeletal maturation in children.
Women must discontinue the drug immediately if there is any sign of masculinization like deepening of voice and abnormal hair growth in the body and face.
Nandrolone decanoate should be avoided with:
• Anticoagulants like warfarin since the combination can result in increased bleeding.
• Oral antidiabetic agents and insulin as it decreases glucose tolerance.The dose of the antidiabetes medication may need adjustment.
• Goserelin and leuprolide, and 5-alpha reductase inhibitors like finasteride and dutaseride since these drugs have effects opposite to nandrolone.
• Corticosteroids like fludrocortisone due to increased fluid retention resulting in edema.
Store it at room temperature and protect it from light. Keep out of reach of children.