Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd. Generic : Naloxone
650.00 400mcg 1ml
Adverse effects with naloxone occur when it is given to postoperative patients or due to sudden reversal of opioid depression or sudden withdrawal in opioid dependence.
• Potentially Fatal: Severe cardiopulmonary effects in postoperative patients, most frequently in those with preexisting heart disease.
• Heart: Fluid accumulation in the lungs, cardiac arrest or failure, fast heart rate.
• Gastrointestinal: Vomiting, nausea.
• Central Nervous System: Convulsions, tingling, agitation, hallucination, tremulousness.
• Respiratory : Difficulty in breath, respiratory depression.
• Skin : Injection site reactions, sweating.
Adult: Opioid over dosage- The recommended dose is 0.4- to 0.8mg, IV, repeat if needed at 2-3 min intervals. Consider over dosage with other drugs if there is no response after a total of 10 mg has been given.
It is usually given as an injection by a doctor or hospital staff.
• It may make you drowsy. Do not drive a car or operate machineries while taking this medication.
•Caution needed for patients physically dependent on opioids, or who have received large doses of opioids (acute withdrawal syndrome may be precipitated), pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Do not change the dosage without your doctor's advice.
Injection: Store it at room temperature (25°C). Protect from light.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!