High blood pressure, palpitations, postural hypotension and dilation of the blood vessels.
• Central Nervous System: Drowsiness, loss of strength, dizziness, abnormal dreams, abnormal thinking, confusion, tremor, agitation, amnesia, anxiety, depression, headache, abnormal movements, and suicidal tendencies.
• Skin: Itching and rash.
• Gastrointestinal: Dry mouth, constipation, nausea, abdominal pain, acute abdominal syndrome, loss of appetite, diarrhea, impaired digestion, flatulence and vomiting.
• Genitourinary: Urinary frequency, sexual dysfunction and urinary tract infection.
• Blood: Decrease in white blood cells.
• Metabolic:Increased appetite, weight gain, peripheral edema and thirst.
• Musculoskeletal: Back pain, muscle pain, joint pain and muscle weakness.
• Respiratory: Shortness of breath, increased cough and sinusitis.
• Miscellaneous: Flu syndrome, poor or indistinct vision, inflammation of pharynx, rhinitis, taste perversion and ringing the ears.
Oral: The recommended starting dose is 15mg/day administered in a single dose; if needed increase it as per your doctor’s advice. The maximum dose is 45 mg/day, in 2 divided doses.
It comes as a tablet and as a disintegrating tablet to take by mouth. It is usually taken once a day at bedtime, with or without food.
Hypersensitivity to any component of the product; concomitant use with MAOInhibitors.
• Avoid in unstable cases, epilepsy or history of seizures.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver or kidney damage, heart diseases, recent sudden heart attack, low blood pressure, diabetes, psychoses, and history of bipolar disorder, elderly, pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Stop treatment if jaundice, urination disturbances, angle-closure glaucoma, raised intraocular pressure develops.
• Monitor patient for signs of bone marrow depression and suicidal tendency.
• It may cause drowsiness, dizziness or impaired vision, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
Avoid abrupt withdrawal.
Oral: Store it at 15-30°C. Protect from light and moisture.