Amropenem (1 gm)Injection
Health Biotech Pvt Ltd Generic : Meropenem
2,245.00 1gm 1 Vial
• Body as a Whole:
Pain, abdominal pain, chest pain, fever, back pain, abdominal enlargement, chills and pelvic pain.
• Heart: Heart failure, heart arrest, fast/slow heart rate, high/low blood pressure, heart attack, blood clot in lungs and fainting.
• Gastrointestinal: Oral infection, loss of appetite, indigestion and intestinal obstruction.
• Blood: Anemia and increased blood volume.
• Metabolic: Peripheral edema and poor oxygen supply.
• Central Nervous System : Sleeplessness, agitation, confusion, dizziness, seizure, tingling, hallucinations, drowsiness, anxiety, depression and weakness.
• Respiratory : Respiratory disorder, difficulty in breathing, wheezing, pleural effusion, asthma, cough increased and lung swelling.
• Skin : Hives, sweating and skin ulcer.
• Genitourinary: Painful urination, kidney failure, vaginal infection and urinary incontinence.
• Liver: Jaundice and liver failure.
• Potentially Fatal: Anaphylaxis and Stevens-Johnsons sydrome.
IV- The recommended dose is 0.5 gm to 2 gm (10 to 40mg/kg) by slow infusion, 3 times per day.
It comes as a solution for injection, administered by a healthcare provider, into the vein.
• Caution needed for patients with history of hypersensitivity to carbapenem, pencillin or other beta-lactam antibiotics; infants <3 months; kidney malfunction, neurological disorders, pregnancy, and breastfeeding.
• Not recommended for use in MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) infections.
Long term or repeated use of this medication may cause secondary infection.
Injection: Once reconstituted, up to 2 hour at room temperature (15-25ï¿½C) or up to 12 hour at refrigerator (4ï¿½C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!