Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd. Generic : Lovastatin
80.00 20mg 10
• Body As a Whole :
♦ • Gastrointestinal : Abdominal pain, non- fatal liver failure, constipation, diarrhea, indigestion, flatulence and nausea.
♦ • Musculoskeletal : Muscle cramps, muscle pain, Immune-Mediated Necrotizing Myopathy (IMNM).
♦ • Central Nervous System : Dizziness, cognitive impairment (e.g., memory loss, forgetfulness, amnesia, memory impairment, confusion) and headache.
• Skin : Rash.
• Special Senses : Blurred vision.
PO- The recommended dose range is 10-80 mg daily at bedtime.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with food.
Contraindicated in patients with liver disease, elevated liver enzymes level, pregnancy, lactation and hypersensitivity.
It should not be co-administered with strong CYP3A4 inhibitors.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver disease, alcoholism, who had an organ transplant or surgery, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly and children.
• It may cause dizziness or blurred vision, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Monitor blood cholesterol level, liver function tests and creatine phosphokinase (CPK) blood levels regularly while taking this medication.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (20-25°C). Store this medication away from light and out the reach of children.♦ Safety Labeling Changes Approved By FDA
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!