Johnson & Johnson (Ethnor) Generic : Loperamide
12.75 2mg 4
• Most Common :
Nausea, vomiting, constipation and abdominal cramps.
• Skin : Rash, itching and hives.
• Gastrointestinal : Dry mouth, abdominal pain, flatulence, indigestion and intestinal obstruction.
• Genitourinary : Urinary retention.
• Central Nervous System : Drowsiness and dizziness.
Adults: The recommended initial dose is 4mg (two capsules) followed by 2 mg (one capsule) after each unformed stool.
Child- Two to five years: 1 mg three times per day (3mg daily).
Six to eight years: 2 mg two times per day (4mg daily dose).
It comes as a tablet, capsule and liquid to take by mouth, with or without food.
Contraindicated in patients with dysentery, intestinal ulcer, children less than 2 years old and hypersensitivity.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of bloody diarrhea, mucus in the stool, fever, bowel problems, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness, dizziness or tiredness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature, and in an airtight container. Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!