Piramal Healthcare Generic : Levothyroxine
55.00 25mcg 100 Tablets
• General :
Fatigue, increased appetite, weight loss, heat intolerance, fever and excessive sweating.
• Central nervous system : Headache, hyperactivity, nervousness, anxiety, irritability, emotional lability and sleeplessness.
• Musculoskeletal : Tremor and muscle weakness.
• Heart : Palpitations, fast heart rate, abnormal heart rhythm, increased pulse and blood pressure, heart failure, chest pain and heart attack.
• Respiratory : Difficulty in breathing.
• Gastrointestinal : Diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal cramps and elevation in liver function tests.
• Skin : Hair loss and flushing.
• Endocrine : Decreased bone mineral density.
• Reproductive : Menstrual irregularities and impaired fertility.
Adult- Initial- The recommended dose is 12.5-125 mcg/day, orally.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, on an empty stomach.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of trouble in swallowing, heart problems, high blood pressure, bleeding disorder, anemia, sugar, jaundice, underactive adrenal or pituitary gland, osteoporosis, infertility, adrenal gland problems, thyroid problems, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Monitor blood sugar level regularly while taking this medication.
• Dietary fiber may decrease the absorption of this medication; consult with your doctor for proper diet.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (15-30°C), and in an airtight container. Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!