Cipla Limited Generic : Lansoprazole
65.25 1000/60/500mg 6 Tablets
• Central Nervous System:
• Skin: Severe allergic reactions.
• Eye and ENT: Speech disorder.
• Gastrointestinal: Diarrhea, abdominal pain, constipation, nausea, inflammation of pancreas and vomiting.
• Genitourinary: Urinary retention.
• Blood: Decrease in white blood cells, platelets, neutrophils, anemia and bleeding.
• Liver: Liver damage.
• Miscellaneous: Injection site pain/reaction and life threatening allergic reactions.
Adult- PO- The recommended dose is 15 – 30 mg once daily. Higher dose is needed in Zollinger – Ellison syndrome.
It comes as a delayed-release (long-acting) capsule and granules to make a delayed-release solution (liquid) to take by mouth. It is usually taken once a day, before eating. Do not crush or chew the capsules. Swallow the medication whole. Injection administered into the vein.
• While taking sucralfate (Carafate), take it at least 30 minutes after lansoprazole.
• It may affect liver function.
• Gastric malignancy should be ruled out.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with osteoporosis, liver problem, bowel cancer, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Do not change the dose or stop taking this medication unless advised by health care provider.
Injection: Store at 25°C (77°F). Oral: Store at 25°C (77°F). Store it in an airtight container and keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!