Generic : Ivermectin
₹ 13.00 3mg 2 Tablets
• Ivermectin is indicated for treating Strongyloidiasis of the intestinal tract caused by the parasite named Strongyloides stercoralis. • It is also used for Onchocerciasis or River blindness caused by the parasite named Onchocerca volvulus • Scabies caused by the mite named Sarcoptes.
It is administered as a single oral dose therapy.
Strongyloidiasis- The recommended dose is 200mcg/kg/ body weight.
Onchocerciasis - The recommended dose is 150mcg/kg body weight.
Body as a Whole : Weakness/fatigue and abdominal pain.
Gastrointestinal : Loss of appetite, constipation, diarrhea, nausea and vomiting.
Central Nervous System : Dizziness, drowsiness, unsteadiness and tremor.
Skin : Itching, rash and hives.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, as a single dose on an empty stomach with a full glass of water.
Hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients in ivermectin
Caution is required in patients with a history of • Asthma or a weakened immune system, any infection, any allergy, who are taking other medications • During pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery and get up slowly from bed while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Stool examinations may be performed while taking this medication.
• Patients who have other parasite infections may develop with increased risk of a serious brain problem with unusual back pain, eye bleeding, shortness of breath, failure to control bladder or bowel, trouble walking or standing, mental changes. If it is so, consult with your doctor immediately.
Avoid excess dosage
Ivermectin can interact with the following drugs in various extents: • Warfarin
Store it at room temperature (25-30°C).