Levemir flexpen® [FlexPen]Injection
Novo Nordisk Pharma India Ltd. Generic : Insulin Detemir
988.00 100iu 1ml*3ml
• Central Nervous System:
Headache, neuropathy, seizure and sensory disturbances.
• Skin: Inflammation of injection site, itching, rash and skin disorder.
• Eye and ENT: Blurred vision and inflammation of nasopharynx.
• Gastrointestinal: Abdominal pain, diarrhea and nausea.
• Genitourinary: Urinary tract infection.
• Hypersensitivity: Hypersensitivity reaction (including anaphylaxis, angioedema, fast pulse, hypotension, rash, shortness of breath, sweating) and insulin antibody production.
• Lab-tests: Elevated alkaline phosphatase.
• Metabolic: Low blood sugar, low potassium level and weight gain.
• Respiratory: Upper respiratory tract infection.
• Miscellaneous: Accidental injury, chest pain, absent reflexes, influenza and swelling in the extremities.
SC- In insulin-native patients with type 2 diabetes who are not well controlled on oral antidiabetic drugs: Initial- 0.1-0.2 u/kg once daily in the evening or 10 u 1-2 times/day, adjust subsequently based on glucose control. In patients on basal insulin only: May substitute with insulin detemir on a unit-for-unit basis based on the current basal insulin dosage; adjust subsequently to achieve glucose targets.
It comes as a solution for injection, administered subcutaneously (under the skin) by your healthcare provider, either 1 time or 2 times a day.
Do not admin by intravenous, intramuscular or via insulin infusion pump. Hypersensitivity to any component.
• It may affect liver or kidney functions.
• Regular monitoring of blood glucose and HbA1c.
• Continuous rotation of the injection site within a given area to reduce injection site reactions (allergic reactions that result in cutaneous necrosis).
• Inform your doctor about your pregnancy and lactation.
• ♦ Patient may develop hypoglycemia. In such case dose reduction is needed.
It is not to be used in insulin infusion pumps.
Subcutaneous: Unopened preparation: Store between 2-8°C (36-46°F). Do not freeze.♦ Safety Labeling Changes Approved By FDA
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!