Cipla Limited Generic : Indinavir
699.00 400mg 30 Capsules
• Heart :
Chest pain, blood supply disorder and heart attack.
• Central Nervous System : Headache, dizziness, fatigue, general discomfort, drowsiness, oral tingling and depression.
• Skin : Itching, rash, redness of the skin, Stevens Johnson syndrome, darkening of skin or nail, hair loss, ingrown toenails and nail infection.
• Eye and ENT : Taste perversion.
• Gastrointestinal : Abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, acid regurgitation, loss of appetite, diarrhea, increased appetite, upset stomach and abdominal distension.
• Genitourinary : Kidney stones, absence of urine, kidney insufficiency, kidney failure, pus in urine, interstitial nephritis sometimes with indinavir crystal deposits and crystals in urine.
PO- The recommended dose is 800 mg 8 hourly orally.
It comes as a capsule to take by mouth, on an empty stomach.
Contraindicated in patients with severe liver damage and hypersensitivity.
It should not be co-administered with ovastatin, or simvastatin.
• 1 hour time interval should be there in between didanosine and indinavir.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of hemophilia or kidney or liver disease, alcohol abuse, high blood sugar, high cholesterol, kidney stones, urinary problems, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness or dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• It does not stop the spread of HIV to others; avoid sexual contact, sharing of needles, or injection supplies.
• It may affect blood sugar level; monitor sugar level regularly.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at 25°C.
A desiccant (drying agent) is included with your capsules; keep this in your medicine bottle at all times.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!